Not open for further replies.

JiminHill

Tester
Basic Information:
1. Age (IRL): 25 Years Old
2. First name (IRL): Julien
3. Time zone (IRL): Eastern Time
4. Discord username: .jiminie.
5. Amount of time you can spend as a tester per day: 5-10 hours.

Additional Information:

Why do you want to be a Cypress tester:
I have always loved testing games. I love playing video games in general and especially when it involves a game I am super into, I’d love to make it as better as I possibly can. The reason why I want to be a Cypress tester is because I would love to make this server successful and I would love to give me input without the fear of it being rejected or being told that my input is invalid. Cypress is a great server that’s being worked on but a server is never perfect without the hard work and dedication and I would love to put my dedication there.

What experience do you have testing for games/servers:
I have been testing games for other companies for a long time. For about a few years now. PlaytestCloud and Lionbridge Gaming Community Team. These two companies always come up with all sorts of new games that need to be tested before being released to the public. They give us playtests for every sort of genre. I tried also helping a few other people with their own servers for fun so I do know what I’m doing.

What experience do you have Reporting Bugs to Game/server developers:
The playtests that I do are both in person and over recording. I have the experience needed to point out the bugs AND give out the correct input on how to fix it should that ever occur. A game is sent to me to download and I have to play it for about 30+ minutes, depending on how many hours I need to get all the bugs collected and then I either make a list or I do a recording telling them the bugs to the game.

Do you have any reference games or game servers that you have tested on previously:
Unfortunately, if I could I would give the names of the games that I have tested but again, I took a break from testing and have forgotten the names of the older games that I have played because they were not that big. However I can say that I have tested games from the following Gaming Companies : WB, Ubisoft, EA, Square Enix, etc. A few FiveM servers here and there before I took my break to focus on more important things.

Do you have any experience in coding/game development and if so what language/s:
Unfortunately, I do not have any coding or game development experience but that is definitely the next thing I’m working towards learning for the near future.

Do you understand that anything you see or test for the CypressRP project is strictly confidential and is not to be shared by any means to any person:
Yes, I totally understand.

Signing of a NDA is a requirement to test on CypressRP are you willing to Sign the mentioned NDA (non-disclosure agreement):
Yes, I am willing to sign anything needed to.

How long have you played video games:
God, I would be lying if I said I knew. I could definitely say I have been playing since 7 or 8 years old. I used to steal my brother’s console to play a few games here and there when he was out with his friend and act like I never did that.

What games do you play the most:
I have been playing Fortnite, Red Dead Redemption 2 RP, A few GTA RP servers that I took a break from. I play PC Simulation, Saints Row, Animal Crossing, Hogwarts Legacy, Sons of the Forest, Phasmophobia, Stardew Valley, etc.

What is your usual playstyle? (EG: Competitive, Casual, Achievement Hunter, Hardcore, Social):
I play literally anything that seems interesting to play. I concentrate more towards Competitive in my daily life but on other days, I try to touch Casual and Social where I can play with other friends.

What would you say are good qualities for a game tester:
To be very patient. A game that has potential with bugs is definitely tough, especially since you are so invested that you just want to play it. Having good communication is a must because in order to test these games, you need to know what’s wrong in the first place so you can voice it to the developers. You also need to make sure you are very confident with what you say. If you say something that you aren’t confident in, the developer would doubt it as well.

Do you have any questions or concerns about the game testing process?:
Not at all.

Optional - Computer specs:
▹ HyperX QuadCast - USB Microphone (Black-Red) - Red Lighting
▹ G435 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Headset
▹ ASUS ROG Falchion Wireless 65% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
▹ 9x Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan
▹ AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics, 3901 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
▹ Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Eagle 8G Graphics Card, 3X WINDFORCE Fans, 8GB 128-bit GDDR6, GV-N406TEAGLE-8GD Video Card
▹ B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (MS-7C95)
▹ GIGABYTE WiFi 6E GC-WBAX210 Tri Band WiFi 6E Bluetooth 5.2 PCIe Motherboard Expansion Card (2x2 802.11ax)

Interview will be held on
Tuesday 4/16 at 6:30 PM EST
Please join waiting room 5 mins before interview

Interview rescheduled and will be held on
Sunday 4/21 at 8:00 PM EST
Please join waiting room 5 mins before interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back